Ext3 problem

Hey All,

I have a serious and weird problem with my harddrive and ext3. About a week ago I re-arranged my entire directory structure. I moved, deleted, renamed files and dirs. I did some reboots and shutdowns in the mean time. And all was fine, up until now.

At the moment I'm looking at the filesystem (onto which I made those changed last week) , but it seems I'm looking at the filesystem from a month ago ( june 20th).

Now I have a couple of questions:

- How could this have happened?

- Is this a journaling problem? If so, how can I fix this and get the filesystem back from july 12th instead of looking at the filesystem how it was on june 20th.

I did a fsck/e2fsck on the umounted devs and they can't get any cleaner.

Regards,
Iskandar