Nanosecond date resolution

Hello,

By default ext3 stores file with 1 second date resolution but I have read it is possible to enable big inode and that will improve resolution to 1 nanosecond.

How can I enable the 1-nanosecond date resolution? I've found some mails by Alex Tomas, Andi Kleen and Andreas Gruenbacher to the linux filesystems mailing list but no clear way to enable this feature. Will it harm performance? (I do know it consumes more space)

Thank you

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org