"Write once only but read many" filesystem

For reasons of auditability/accountability, I would like a filesystem such that I can write to it only ONCE, subsequently not modifiable/deletable, but always readable. Kind of a database journal logs - it is continuously being written, sequentiall appending, but not circular buffer based, so that upon running out of space, logging will be paused in memory, and after new storage devices added to it, it will continue to flush out whatever is outstanding in memory.

Can ext3 / ext4 or current jbd2 be easily configured to serve this purpose?

Thanks.