Re: Ext3 fsck questions

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Ramesh Natarajan wrote:
and mounted as follows
mount -t ext3 -o data=ordered -o commit=1 /dev/sda /mnt/san

data=ordered seems to be the default anyway.

From what I read from the man page and other maillist archives I must run
fsck periodically  ( default after 38 mounts or 6 months) to ensure the
filesystem is clean.
Is this still valid if I mount using the following options?

It's recommended to run e2fsck once in a while (otherwise there would be no need for the 'max-mount-count' and 'interval-between-checks' tunables). But since it's a tunable you can of course turn it off.

Really, there is not definite answer here. I for one use e2fsck once in a while and see it more as a datapoint ("fs was OK on 2007-07-15") or as a mere sanity check :)

C.
--
BOFH excuse #146:

Communications satellite used by the military for star wars.