Re: Online filesystem check

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Oliver Hookins wrote:
checks. I can't find any information on it by googling, is it implemented in
current versions of the filesystem utilities?

No, current version of e2fsprogs do not support online fsck. The most "online" you can get is trying to remount ro, then fsck the ro device.

Either way, does anyone know where I can find more information on it?

I'm not aware that this was a planned feature of ext2/3 fs. I've heard about the *BSD guys trying to get this done for UFS, but it's not implemented there either, AFAIK.

Not being an fs guru, online fsck really sounds difficult and I'm not sure if it's worth the battle....

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #72:

Satan did it