Re: Stress testing for ext3?

I know of a method to continously execute a command, maybe doing a full listing of the drive's contents will heat the drives up, but I am not sure about the error checking part. Here is what I would do:
while [ 1 -eq 1 ]; do ls  -shw9 -R; done

Hope this helps!

Mr. X

Kieft, Brian wrote:
Does anyone know of a good method for exercising an ext3 file system? Perhaps something that involves power removal in between commits or in the midst of a write, and then checks for corrupt data. Do any utilities exist for this?

Thanks!