change sector size in EXT3

Hello all.

I'm having some trouble with a big RAID disk formatted with ext3 under RHEL3.

The size of the partition is 1.5 Tb and the sector size is 32Mb. The partition was intended to store very large files (1 or 2 Gb each one) but the reality is that there are also a lot of TXT files (less than 1Kb). As every TXT is taking 32Mb and there are a lot I'm loosing around 300 Gb of space.

I would like to change the sector size to 2Mb or 1Mb but I don't know if it's possible to do it without loosing the data stored in the FS. I can do it unmounting the FS, this is not a problem, but not backing-up, deleting the FS, and restoring (too much time!!).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Salva (Spain)