Re: Doing fsck on shutdown

Markus Peuhkuri schrieb:
I usually shutdown computer for night (could probaly use software
shutdown, but have not yet studied it).  In that case, the disk is
checked quite often with default settings, usually in those cases I am
in hurry and want computer to start up fast :-).

for often rebooted desktop systems i'd just tune2fs(8) the filesystem to fsck based on a given interval of time rather than on the count of the mounts:

% tune2fs -i 1m /dev/sda1
  ....will check sda1 every month.

Christian.
--