Re: Corrupted journal

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 15:01, Ash wrote:

> Next, I tried to clear the journal parameter in hope
> of being able to run fsck after that is done.
> But "tune2fs -O ^ has_journal" tells me
> "The needs_recovery flag is set.  Please run e2fsck
> before clearing the has_journal flag."

>From "man tune2fs":

       -f     Force  the  tune2fs  operation  to  complete even in the face of
              errors.  This option is useful  when  removing  the  has_journal
              filesystem feature from a filesystem which has an external jour-
              nal (or is corrupted such that it appears to  have  an  external
              journal), but that external journal is not available.

Does this help you to get further?

Cheers,
 Stephen