Ext3 Errors in laptop with debian sarge

hi, i have a laptop: asus l5800gm, with a dual boot system: windows xp and linux (debian sarge with kernel 2.4.25)
These are the errors when I perform fsck.ext3 -y /dev/hdc1.

pass 1: checking inodes, blocks and sizes
error reading block 1090648 (attempt to read block from filesystem resulted
in short read) while reading indirect blocks of inode 360671. Ignore error?
yes
Force rewrite? yes

It happens randomly, and sometimes it goes straight through pass 2, 3, 4 and 5; and sometimes it asks me other things as "connect to /lost/found" or something like that, I don't remember right now. It didn't happen last time, yesterday; just that questions "ignore error" and "force rewrite"
And, after rebooting, the system date is 2 hours later! I mean, if the current time is 16:00, it says 18:00, both in Windows and in Linux!
The computer has been repaired last June, as the mainboard crashed down, and for a month I stopped getting these problems, now they started again, from 21st of August 2004; the Asus customer support told me, when I got the PC repaired, that the hard disk was OK.
Could they be wrong? Could I have a damaged hard disk?
My situation is particular, as I am a blind user I have to use a special aid, called BRLTTY; unfortunately it doesn't start when the error occurs (give root password for maintenance or type ctrl-d to exit...")
and then I type the root password, it says none and there is the prompt with #, so I type brltty and the braille device starts regularly, so I can perform fsck.
For this reason, I did not try to mount the partition using a live distribution as Knoppix, because I do not know how to start it with BRLTTY.
Could someone please help me with the Ext3 problems?
Bye & thanks!
Jois