Re: make file system unmountable

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 05:59, nettty wrote:

> A very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all of you!!

Thanks, and to you too!

> i want to create a server that will ext3 file system,
> but at the same time i want to make the file system
> unmountable, when the HDD is attached as
> slave/secondary.
>
> Can it be done in any way with ext3.
> any ideas or alternatives??

You mean you want it to be mountable only when the disk is located in a
specific place on the IDE chain?  There's no way to do that, I'm afraid.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?  If it's to prevent the
disk from being mounted maliciously, loop device crypto may be useful.

Cheers,
 Stephen