Trying to recover ext3 on corrupted raid5

Hi,

I sent a message to linux-kernel that describes exactly what I did to
thourally fsck up my ext3, but now I'm trying to see if I can recover more
than the ext3 kernel driver will let me get to...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106745677408810&w=2

Now that you've read that, and you haven't given up hope (stubbornly like
me), then I'd like to know what I can do to reconstruct some of the meta-data.

I have one directory, (my home directory) that I'd like to get to in
particular, but the directory entry refers to a cleared inode that doesn't
point to any data blocks.  I know some of the file names that would be in
that directory, and if I could re-reference a data block back to that inode
maybe I can get further.

The only thing is, I haven't done this before.  I'd love to have something
like reiserfs's fsck that reads the entire partition and tries to
reconstruct the meta-data, but alas AFAIK ext2/3 doesn't have anything like
that.

I have an e2image file from the fs (unfortunately after the corruption),
that is ~4mb after bzip2 compression that I can send to anyone interested.

ta,

Mike