ext3 filesystem with directory errors, e2fsck claims to be error free.

I have a bit of a problem with the machine I use at home for backups.
The main partition the backups reside on is a 4 disk RAID-5, totaling
around 240GB.

This has had some sort of corruption inflicted on it, in the content of
the (at least) one directory, where there are now corrupted directory
entries.

This happened after I added an additional SiS PCI IDE controller card to
the machine and put two of the drives on their own IDE chains.

At least, that is the opinion of the 2.6.0-test3 kernel that I had on
the machine. e2fsck doesn't agree with that, as it reports on errors at
all when checking the drive, and marks it clean.

So, is anyone interested in an e2image of the filesystem, or anything
like that?  I am happy to generate one, and make it available for
download or push it somewhere, if that will help work out this problem.

Otherwise, I plan on changing the underlying kernel some time quite soon
to get my backup machine running stably (I hope) again.

   Daniel

--
Psychoanalysis is the mental illness it purports to cure.
        -- Karl Krauss