RE: sharing an ext3-partition with windows?

Hello,

	In which way are you suggesting that it be shared? Are you
suggesting that you would be having this EXT3FS partition on one hard
drive inside of one computer and have it be a centrally shared directory
between two operating systems on a Dual-boot system?

	If that is the case, I believe quite completely that it is
impossible, as Windows is only capable of reading/writing to the
following types of formats; FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and I believe it had at
one time Access to HPFS for OS/2 Compatibility, but that has since been
removed.

	Anyway, if you want to share between dual-booting Windows and
Linux, the "Share" partition needs to be running some form of FAT,
either 16 or 32 will do nicely. Except that you will lose permissions
and other special controls.

	If you are talking about two separate computer systems, you are
in luck. You would need to get a hold of a Samba package and setup Samba
to act as either a Workgroup sharing computer or as a Windows Primary
Domain Controller. (The latter of which is quite fun, in a good way, I
might add.)

	Good luck on your situation,
	Robert Adkins
	IT Manager/Buyer