Re: Ext3-users digest, Vol 1 #910 - 5 msgs

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 ext3-users-request@redhat.com wrote :
Send  submissions to
	ext3-users@redhat.com

	ext3-users-request@redhat.com

	ext3-users-admin@redhat.com

than "Re: Contents of Ext3-users digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. some benchmarks (Christian Kujau)
2. Re: some benchmarks (kwijibo@zianet.com)
3. Re: How to determine Ext2/3 FileSystem state ? (Satish Singhal)
4. Can we resize an ext23 partition without unmounting ?? (Sugunakar Ambati)
5. Re: How to determine Ext2/3 FileSystem state ? (Andreas Dilger)
hi,

i've made *some* benchmarks, i plan to do more. benchmarks requests welcome, e.g. "please test this...with that.."

https://ephigenie.kicks-ass.net/bench/benchmark.html

but only in

https://ephigenie.kicks-ass.net/bench/prinz

are results right now.
I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Christian.

Hows about trying out the htree code? Htree in conjunction with NFS would be great.

Steve

Christian Kujau wrote:

hi,

i've made *some* benchmarks, i plan to do more. benchmarks requests welcome, e.g. "please test this...with that.."

https://ephigenie.kicks-ass.net/bench/benchmark.html

but only in

https://ephigenie.kicks-ass.net/bench/prinz

are results right now.
I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Christian.

for getting state of ext2 filesystem there is a field in super block
telling state of ext2.

ravindra mahala

See ext3_sync_super_lockfs(), ext3_unlockfs(), and the LVM VFS-locking patch.
These are used to put the filesystem into a stable state for a short time
until the snapshot is created.

Sir,

Thanks for your response.
But my problem is a bit different.
Once the snapshot is taken, how do I determine that the given snapshot image (Ext2/Ext3 File-System) is indeed consistent.

Is there any field in super-block or any other on-disk structure which could tell the state of a raw File-System(Ext2/3) image.

Regards,
Satish Singhal

Are you Unmarried? Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d

Hi all, Can we resize an ext3 partition without unmounting?

Regards,
Sugunakar Ambati

On Jun 24, 2003 10:55 +0530, Satish Singhal wrote:
> >See ext3_sync_super_lockfs(), ext3_unlockfs(), and the LVM VFS-locking
> >patch.
> >These are used to put the filesystem into a stable state for a short time
> >until the snapshot is created.
>
> Thanks for your response.
> But my problem is a bit different.
> Once the snapshot is taken, how do I determine that the given snapshot image
> (Ext2/Ext3 File-System) is indeed consistent.
>
> Is there any field in super-block or any other on-disk structure which could
> tell the state of a raw File-System(Ext2/3) image.

After the snapshot is taken (as above), the absence of EXT3_VALID_FS in
s_mount_state, or the presence of EXT3_FEATURE_INCOMPAT_RECOVER in
s_feature_incompat means that the snapshot was not valid.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger

___________________________________________________ Impress your clients! Send mail from me @ mycompany.com . Just Rs.1499/year. Click http://www.rediffmailpro.com to know more.