Re: Hard Disk Failure

Hi.

I do have a very similar problem as described in this thread. I get the same
kind of errors.
But I am not even able to mount the partition. When trying to do so, there
is a message complaining about a missing superblock in the kernel-log.
(maybe the sector where the superblock is are corrupt? BTW, what is the
superblock? :) )
When I try to e2fsck the parttion I always get a message "attempt to read
block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open
/dev/ataraid/d0p2)
But is there a way to force-mount the partition to at least get access to
the files in not-corrupted sectors?

Would be great to receive some help.
Philipp