severe fsck problem on bootup

Hi, got a very severe problem. I have two hard drives in my RS server and I am getting the secondary drive removed. Here's the problem. After the secondary drive is removed, the server fails to bootup completely, crashing at fsck.

The server boots up fine when the secondary drive is put back in however.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? Could the problem be to references to the removed drive in /etc/fstab?

thanks