RE: On very different journalling activity on 2 servers.

Hello All,

Well - I am baffled as our techies wrote:

<SNIP>
BB3 is running the GRUB bootloader.
The kernel updates has updated the grub config file which now shows 3
boot options for kernels:
2.4.18-24.7.x
2.4.18-18.7.x
2.4.7-10

default option is set to the first entry.

However when the server boots the only option displayed by GRUB is
2.4.7-10
This is confirmed when the server boots and the kernel is displayed as
2.4.7-10
</SNIP>

Any ideas why GRUB does not show all 3 kernels & then boot the latest?

Here is /boot/grub.conf
<snip>
[root@ns5 grub]# cat grub.conf
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
#          root (hd0,1)
#          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/md0
#          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-24.7.x)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-24.7.x ro root=/dev/md0
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.18-24.7.x.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-18.7.x)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-18.7.x ro root=/dev/md0
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.18-18.7.x.img
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.7-10)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 ro root=/dev/md0
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.7-10.img
</snip>

Help - baffled!

Regards,
Nico Morrison
nico.morrison@micronicos.com
Micronicos Limited  -  London, UK.
Tel: +44 20 8870 8849 Fax: +44 20 8870 5290