RE: On very different journalling activity on 2 servers.

Hello,

I have upgraded the 'bad' machine with the latest 'up2date' kernel, but it
is possible that GRUB is still loading the older kernel. Our sysadmin at the
dayacentre says the console shows the old kernel kernel-2.4.7-10

This might have happened because the first kernel upgrade I did on this
machine I did manually by downloading the .rpm & installing it locally.

Now I know to use /use/sbin/up2date instead but ......

How do I tell from the machine (SSH) which kernel it is actually running?

Thanks - sorry to be so ignorant.

Regards,
Nico Morrison
nico.morrison@micronicos.com