Re: Ext3 strangeness data loss

Hi!

> This sounds like a hardware problem.  It's likely that incorrect
> blocks are getting read into the page cache.  So when you look at the
> file, you see incorrect data.  When you reboot, that clears the page
> cache, and file then looks OK again.

Seems interesting.
I forgot to mention (yes, sorry, it's important piece of information),
that I have RAID 1 (mirrored disks), so HW problem is less possible.
And I have reiserfs partition on the mirror too, without any problem.

Anyway, do you have an idea how to test for HW errors?

thanks for the answers!

viktor at neotek dot hu