RE: ext3fs still uses sequential search of file names in director

I'm NOT the authority here, but AFAIK, Htree is presently
available only as a patch for 2.4 kernels (which includes
RH8).  I think that Htree was still beta code at the time
RH8 was frozen (and may still be, from RedHat's perspective).
I do not have the impression that the Htree patch has been
applied in any standard RedHat kernels or kernel updates.
I hope I am wrong, and that someone will enlighten me.
A. Becker

Parker Johnson <pjohnson@listen.com> wrote:

> Didn't hear back from anyone regarding if there is a way to
determine if I
> am running the ext3fs with htree.  Is there a way I can do it
without
> checking the src code since I am running the precompired redhat
kernel with
> 8.0?	Perhaps an entry under /proc somewhere?
>
> Pj

I check