Re: ext3 corruption with vanilla kernel 2.4.19?

Thanks for all the help you gave me,
First of all just two considerations: the fsck ended after 10 hours,
this because i was so stupid to start it without waiting the end of the
raid rebuild, this happen when you do thing at 3:40 AM, after all this
mess i've lost lots of data, of a 92GB file server /home i manage to
recover just 29Gb.
One thing that i didn't mention is that the 3 Maxtor disks were
connected to a PCI Adaptec controller based non highpoint 370 chipset,
which can be used also as RAID 0,1, 0/1 controller.
I spoke with adaptec technical personnel who assured me that it should
work without problems also simply as IDE bus.
Anyway, at the moment i've done two things: first, i fell back to latest
official RH kernel 2.4.18, second i've replaced the Adaptec controller
with a Maxtor IDE bus card UATA 133 based on promise PDC20269 chipset.
Now, i'll try to use a 2.4.20 kernel with ex3 patches, since i
absolutely need a vanilla kernel.
Thanks for the help, i'll post again if i discover that the problem was
ex3 related.

Byez
Zeist