ext3 and highpoint RAID.

oops.
I successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto two ATA133 80gig drives running a mirrored RAID with the hpt37x (highpoint 372 onboard RaidController on the SOYO DRAGON motherboard.)

I used ext3 as my filesystem type of choice but unfortunately the system shut down uncleanly and it now is coming up with the "press Y to force file system integrity check" at boot.... which it runs by itself anyways.
As I'm sure you can imagine, fsck comes up with errors and asks for me to run it without the -a or -p option.

The actual error that comes up is :
ENTRY 'kernel.h' in /boot (32705) has an incorrect filetype (was 1, should be 2)

It detects my /dev/hde and /dev/hdg as /dev/sda  which is great... but then it fails with the above error.
Has anybody tried this?
Can you suggest what "was 1, should be 2" means for the filesystem type of kernel.h?

Thanks in advance
Shaun