re: 120 GB larger hard disk

Hi,

I donīt think that this is a ext3 Problem, since you have problems partitioning that disk.

Perhaps a hdparm -i /dev/hdX could shine some light on this,
also a fdisk -l /dev/hdX could be useful.

For now - let me guess:
<guess>
To me, it seems, that the disk is clipped to 32GB, perhaps the mainboard bios can not cope with a disk >32GB - just a thought.

Since the manufactorer knows that every customer would be angry having a crippled disk, he *might* have installed a vendor software to enlarge the disk to the real size. This runs fine under windows, but
in no-way under Linux
Then Windows was installed on top and this was running fine.

After repartitioning, the disk-software is gone, and so leaving you with 32GB capacity alone.
</guess>

Try the hdparm and fdisk commands and send the outputs, if the mailing list might not be interested because of OT, send it to me - I am curious about this.

Bye

Andreas

--
Andreas Baier