Maximum file size

I've found many discussions on the web about the maximum file size
supported by ext2/ext3 file systems.  They all seem to indicate that
there may have been a 2GB file limit in the past in either ext2/3 or in
the kernel but that the limit was removed in Linux 2.4.x.

I have seen no definitive statement indicating that this was actually
changed.  Can someone tell me exactly what the maximum file size and
maximum file system size is for the ext2/3 implementations distributed
with Red Hat Linux 7.3?

Thank you!

-max