RE: ext3 sync problem

Hi All:

Sorry for a late reply - I was busy with other things. I coded up a tiny
module that does what you suggested to flush the journal and it worked like
a charm. Thanks a lot for the hint.

My only remaining question is that: if I do a journal_flush(), do I need to
do a normal sync() as well to make sure all the meta data and data are
synced to disk? My limited test shows that I don't need to, but I just want
to be sure. I assume it saves the work to sync to the journal on disk. From
my understanding: 1) sync: mem -> disk (journal) 2) journal_flush: mem->
disk (real data).

Thanks.