To ext3 developers

Hi...

I've seen several posting regarding assertion failure (I also have that
problem since rh 7.2 and 7.3!!). Is it a bug or something? This failure can
happen although we have run fsck. The failure msg can sometimes just pop-up
from the screen when the computer is idling.

Sometimes low-level format needs to be done if we want to do reinstallation
because otherwise during formatting the filesystem in graphic mode, rh will
prompt error msg regarding some serious problem has occur at /dev/hda#. If
the installation was done in text mode, you could see that in fact the
serious problem was the assertion failure. After that, the computer become
hang and the caps-lock and scroll-lock button's light on the keyboard are
blinking.

If I'm not wrong, this failure happens especially from users using IDE hdd.
And from some previous postings, seems like you guys are not into this type
of hdd.

Halbert Thiodore
thio79@asu.edu