Howto recovering an ext3 fs

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:30:17AM -0300, jcarminati@pluspetrol.com.ar wrote:
> Where or how should I set 'data=writeback' ? I supposed that fstab was the
> right place.

The problem is that it is too late at that point, as it has already been
mounted in the default data=ordered mode, and that cannot be changed
on remount.

You need to use an initrd, and pass the option to the initial mount.

Last time this was discussed, mkinitrd didn't support this automatically.
Check the latest mkinitrd from RawHide -- if it doesn't do it, you'll
have to hack up the linuxrc in the initrd image yourself.
[gunzip, mount -o loop, edit, umount, gzip, ...]

Regards,

  Bill Rugolsky