How stable is ext3fs?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how stable the ex3fs currently is. I'm
running Debian Woody with the 2.4.18 kernel and have already switched
over most partitions to have a journal, and mounted them as ext3. This
works fine since yesterday or so, and it's very nice that ext3 is so
easy to handle and can be activated so painlessly :)

But is it a good idea to switch my /home partition over to ext3?
Loosing data from it would be very bad, and having to restore from the
daily backups isn't exactly a pleasure ... Or is ext3, in its current
state, already more save than ext2?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find some statement about this
issue yet.

GH
--
Logic is nothing more than a twist in itself :)