shared storage: rw on one node and ro on second node

--=.?..?Ye5v.m0i1J

Hi list,

I recently came up with the need for the storage, shared between two
nodes; one would do all the r/w to it and the other would mount it r/o
and serve it to the client boxen.

I want to use ext3 in this setup, since i trust it the most. My question
is: is this possible? How would the r/o node handle the metadata updates
that the r/w node would be doing? If there is some fundamental problem,
is any other fs currently capable of this?

Thanks for answers,

--

Jure Pecar
--=.?..?Ye5v.m0i1J