Recent crashes under RH 7.3 2.4.18 and ext3

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 08:44:17PM +1200, Steven Ellis <ext3@stevencherie.net> wrote:

> Ive had two of them in the last two weeks.. The most recent kernel
> output is

> kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
> address 0000009c

Looks like we've been given a NULL inode, right at the very start of
ext3_writepage.  That could be just about anything corrupting the
inode state: an ext3 fault, or something else in the VM, or indeed a
different filesystem.

What modules do you have loaded, and what other filesystems are you
using?  At the moment I'm still searching for a pattern here.

Did the other oops look identical to this?  Is there any more of the
call trace available for this particular oops?

Thanks,
 Stephen