Anybody seeing this OOPS

------=_NextPartTM-000-82a756f7-61b4-495b-b1ea-a840a229a56a

Hello All,

I am running Linux 2.4.7-10, 2.4.18-4 and 2.4.19-pre9, I
see the following oops quite often (mainly on 2.4.19-pre9 with
kdb). All the kernels I use have the kdb patch installed.

1

kmem_cache_alloc (offset 0x125)
get_unused_buffer_head
journal_write_metadata_buffer
journal_commit_transaction
kjournald
kernel_thread

kmem_cache_alloc dis

xchg %eax, (%ebx)
cmp $0x5a2cf071, %eax (where did a value like that come from?)
je ....
ud2a - (looks like assembly for BUG())

One more thing I have seen is a problem with the following code

        do {
                new_bh = get_unused_buffer_head(0);
                if (!new_bh) {
                        printk (KERN_NOTICE __FUNCTION__
                                ": ENOMEM at get_unused_buffer_head, "
                                "trying again.\n");
                        current->policy |= SCHED_YIELD;
                        schedule();
                }

when get_unused_buffer_head fails, the call to printk would eventually
want to flush the contents to /var/log/messages and if /var/log/messages
happens to be on a journalled file system, well it kind of gets
recursive.

I can send back more information if required.

Thanks,
Balbir

------=_NextPartTM-000-82a756f7-61b4-495b-b1ea-a840a229a56a

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.