ext3 and raw devices

Since i use 2.4.18-ac i'm oblige to rebuild the map file in my /boot
partition after having used ext3 and raw device on other partitions
/dev/hda2: /boot
/dev/hda5: /root
/dev/hda6: raw
/dev/hda7: a partition written through ext3 journaled mode

I don't know why ?  It seems the map file is corrupted ( LIL- output
given
by LILO). This is reproductible, but i never get that with 2.4.14 for
instance.

If somebody as an idea it will be welcome.

For your problem, you said the application uses a negative addressing on

raw device. How this is possible, as raw interface is ( pseudo device
name, byte offset) ? Do you mean that negative offset values are
accepted ?

Eric

---------