ext3 and powersave

Hi,

This is probably a silly question, but, does ext3 allow ide drives to go
int powersave mode? Thinking of upgrading my home linux router to ext3,
but I'm wondering if it'll keep my drives awake all the time. I have ext3
running on several servers at work, and some of my workstations too. I
can't tell for certain if the drives on my workstations go into powersave
now that i've switched from ext2 to ext3.

Thanks a lot,
Stephen