need help from fs guru

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 08:58 , Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running debugfs on a live filesystem is dangerous and can show
> misleading information --- there is no cache coherency between
> debugfs's buffer-cache view of the disk and the filesystem's internal
> inode and directory caches.  If you've already populated the
> buffer-cache view by running fsck, then it's entirely possible for
> debugfs to be viewing that old copy even after the fs has modified the
> inodes concerned, so that debugfs will see inconsistent data.  You
> need to forcibly flush the partition's buffer cache to get around
> that.

The fs wasn't mounted. I booted from a CD. Though, that output was right
after I fscked. I'll boot from CD tonight or this weekend, get fresh
output and email it out. Unless its to late and not worth it?

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                                mhaque@haque.net

   "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Developer/Project Lead
    Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://www.themes.org/
                                                batmanppc@themes.org