2GB of Waste? How can it be?

Dr. Tweedie:

	Make no mistake, in the comparison of ReiserFS V3 and EXT3, I
would use EXT3 if all things (in terms of space) were equal. Now, I
would also reserve the right to reevaluate the situation when ReiserFS
V4 comes out, but then I imagine that EXT3 (JFS, as well as XFS) will
also have advanced in terms of their capabilities too.

	I do hope the tail packing can be made to work with EXT3, for
laptop users it can mean a lot of space if you have many small files
stored. If a matter of space is equal between EXT3 and ReiserFS V3, then
EXT3's ability to do logging of data as well as metadata (from my point
of view) provides features more attractive to me, then ReiserFS V3.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Monday, February 04, 2002 7:55 PM