2GB of Waste? How can it be?

Dr. Tweedie:

	Oh, yes this is totally true. I agree that ReiserFS was not in
the same usable state that it is now. I was just trying to draw a
parallel that regardless of its "not ready for prime-time" state, SuSE
whom (in my view) competes for the same customers that RedHat does, and
from their perspective has the same customers to loose as RedHat does,
would be concerned about having a low quality result from RieserFS's
implementation as well. Further, I am sure they were not looking forward
to supporting the bugs and problems it posed either, just that, they did
still ship it, and from my view that is a level of choice (even if it is
a bad choice) I would like to have.

	The only reason I am not using EXT3 (I think using the more
advanced journaling methods, it is a stronger product), is that I am
very concerned about maximizing the space I get out of my laptop hard
drive, that is my main concern, next to the filesystem being stable (I
consider EXT3 and ReiserFS to both be stable at this point).

	Perhaps it is time for me to evaluate again EXT3, and look at
how much the space difference is. It sure is convenient to use the
filesystem that the distribution wants you to pick as the default, and
EXT2/EXT3 is well thought of.

	It is also that I know ReiserFS is coming out with V4, which is
supposed to have encryption built it as well, and again, that will also
be important to me.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Sunday, January 13, 2002 4:38 AM