Ext3 indexed directory extension (doesn't go).

You should able to compare the hash version vs non hash version by
using the "-o index" flag mounting a new ext3 file system.

First mount ext3 without "-o index", create a lot of file, delete it,
record the time.

Then mount ext3 with "-o index", do the same thing. You should able
to see the different.

Well. I use debugfs to see a directory is hash or not.
Using the dump command to dump the directory file to a normal file.
If a directory is hashed, you can see some binary block without
filename in it.