journal aborting and remounting /boot as ro

> I'm guessing that I can now go and reconvert /boot back to ext3? But that's
> a job for tomorrow, I have to go drink some beer now :->

sorry, for breaking (?) this thread, but: is it really so very necessary
to have /boot as ext3? i too have my /boot mounted read-only, and the only
write calls are from lilo and the like. my /boot is 10mb in size, it would
be bigger if it had a journal.
another point is, that many "rescue disks" can still only mount ext2, and
too often i tried hard to get my kernel back from /boot (which was
formatted with reiserfs/ext3 in former times) to finally mount
the rest (/, /usr as ext3).

just my 2p,
Christian.
--