From: Nick Burrett [mailto:nick@dsvr.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:57 PM
To: Aaron D. Lewis
Cc: ext3-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Please Help -- Raid shutdown problem

Aaron D. Lewis wrote:

> How can I install the GRUB boot information to both disks so the
system will boot even if one disk fails? So far we have done, from a
grub prompt, root (hda0,1) and setup (hda0,1) when the system tries to
boot it says error loading operating system. The first partition is swap
that's why we used 0,1

An alternative might be to network boot pxegrub, the grub menu list and
a kernel image from a tftp server.  It would solve all your problems for

now and in the future.  We converted all our systems to do this and you
wouldn't believe the amount of hassle it saved.

Regrads,

Nick.

--
Nick Burrett