From: Andreas Dilger [mailto:adilger@clusterfs.com]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 3:57 PM
To: Rhett Gibson
Cc: ext3-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Question about Journaling Root Filesystem.

On Apr 22, 2002  15:26 -0500, Rhett Gibson wrote:
> My specific error is:
> EXT2-fs: Unrecognized mount option data
  ^^^^ note that your kernel is trying to mount the filesystem as ext2.

Now wasn't that a lot easier to see what your problem is?  You need to
compile ext3 into your kernel, or set up your initrd to insmod ext3 and
mount the root filesystem as ext3.  Details are up to you (may include
running "mkinitrd" or similar program).

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger