How well ext3 will tolerate errors?

Hi!

I would like to know how well ext3/(ext2) will tolerate underlaying
errors (I am planning to use loop-AES backed ext3 fs).

So if there is 1024 bytes corruption of data what will be the worst case:

- If this data belongs to some file, this part of data(file) has been
  lost?

- If this data belongs to superblock, I have to repair ext3 and use
  another superblock?

- If this data belongs to journaling system, I have to ??? or ??? will
  happen?

- If this data is  unused, it will not cause harm at all?

Is above right? Is there any other case that I don't find?

Thanks,
Jani

--
Jani Averbach