Problems with ext3

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 03:41:42PM +0200, Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Thank you very much for the help with my problems after I changed ext2 in
> ext3. So far, everything is now running smootly. However,
> 	tune2fs -l /dev/hdb2
> delivers among a long output one line
> 	Fls features :	has_journal needs_recovery
>
> What does this mean and how can I perform such a recovery ?

It just means that the filesystem is "active": ie. it has not been
unmounted cleanly.  Either it is still mounted, or you rebooted while
it was previously mounted.

You don't need to do any recovery --- ext3 will do that itself if it
still needs to when you mount the filesystem, or fsck can do it.  If
the fs is currently mounted, then unmounting it will simply clear the
needs_recovery flag.

Cheers,
 Stephen