Re: Max 26 concurrent ecryptfs mounts?

On 16-03-21 05:20 PM, Joe Lauer wrote:
2) Are there any workarounds?  Any magic kernel settings I can tune to
allow for more?  Or can we actually mount a directory under a
different account than root so that a new keyring is used as opposed
for root.

You can increase the quota by writing to certain proc files. It is documented in the kernel source: Documentation/security/keys.txt

quoting:

Four new sysctl files have been added also for the purpose of controlling the
quota limits on keys:

 (*) /proc/sys/kernel/keys/root_maxkeys
     /proc/sys/kernel/keys/root_maxbytes

     These files hold the maximum number of keys that root may have and the
     maximum total number of bytes of data that root may have stored in those
     keys.

 (*) /proc/sys/kernel/keys/maxkeys
     /proc/sys/kernel/keys/maxbytes

     These files hold the maximum number of keys that each non-root user may
     have and the maximum total number of bytes of data that each of those
     users may have stored in their keys.

Root may alter these by writing each new limit as a decimal number string to
the appropriate file.

-James M