How best to crack wrapped-passphrase?

I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 with an encrypted, private home directory. I
changed my password today via the Ubuntu control center. I either
don't remember the password, or the password utility used a password
other than the one I entered. I attempted to change my password a
second time, but all methods I tried required that I know my current
password. So I rebooted into recovery mode, re-mounted / in read-write
mode, ran passwd, and all was well, or so I thought.

Now it seems as though wrapped-passphrase is wrapped with whatever the
new password is (whatever password was used on my first attempt to
change it). Yes, I did save the encryption key, but that doesn't work
with ecrpytfs-recover-private. Perhaps I wrote it down incorrectly.
Yes, I should have verified it somehow. But I didn't. Also, there is
no copy of the new password in /etc/shadow-.

I don't care if it takes a long time, as I'm sure it will. What's the
best method for cracking wrapped-passphrase?

Thanks.

-Tom