size limitations?

I've read some posts about efficiency dropping with large numbers of encrypted files.  Is there any way to determine when encryptfs is no longer an appropriate solution?  For example, I have pretty well filled a 200 G AWS volume with pdf files.  I have no idea how many are there, but I do know I have close to 20K sub directories.  These files are all of a sensitive nature.  My guess would be that this is way too big to be an ecryptfs volume without very major overhead.  Am I correct?--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe ecryptfs" in