Re: kernel BUG at fs/ecryptfs/read_write.c:47!

On 03.08.2011 16:40, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski<mangoo@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I'm seeing this every few weeks on a system using ecryptfs for /home, with 3.0.0 kernel (saw it with 3.0.0 rc kernels as well).

Hi Tomasz,

We're getting a couple of similar reports about this.  Tyler Hicks is
trying to reproduce it now.

There's at least these two bugs in Launchpad, which you may or may not
wish to track:
  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/813146
  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/816387

The device is a laptop, generally not rebooted, but suspended.

(...)

I've seen a similar panic around writeback too.  I showed it to Tyler yesterday.

Quite interesting, this laptop doesn't panic on this ecryptfs bug.

It continues to work as if nothing happened (can't really verify if it doesn't eat data, but seems to be working fine).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org