pahole -J non-determinism and reproducible builds

Hi.

(edited repost due to unfortunate HTML email).

Until the reproducible BTF changes land in a new pahole version, and for
anyone stuck on older versions, pahole -J -j typically produces
non-deterministic BTF.

For Android, we are converging to hermetic, reproducible builds. .BTF
sections are a significant difference we see. I have trivial patches to
pass -j1 instead of -j for the older versions we are using (1.23 and 1.25).

Trivial patches:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/q/Ibd72ac638faa1826f6655b336cc7001591ea70f1

Gaining determinism for the older versions means giving up some performance.
About a factor of 2.1 in our case (or an extra 10s on vmlinux).

Do others want performance or determinism, should I send patches to LKML
and the stable list?

Off-topic: pahole -J -j9 is faster than -j on my machine with 36
cores, by another
factor of 2. This is v1.25. -j1 18.7s, -j9 4.5s, -j 8.9s.

Regards,
Giuliano.