Re: pahole: Problems with lib/include/bpf symlink in a tarball with --transform

Hi,

> The problem is described in this old Debian ticket:

> I'm now trying to figure out what Frank meant when referring to that
> "S" flag.
>
> I have to figure out what is this 'S' flag (local symlinks, etc) or stop
> using this --transform mechanism to have the dwarves-${version} top
> level directory added when generating the tarball :-\

FWIW, the "S" flag means:

  Do not apply transformation to symbolic link targets.

(see https://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/html_node/transform.html
-- it's a bit hard to find in the docs ...)

In my use case, this allows me to build a dist archive from my main
source directory, adding a directory level in the tar, while leaving
symlinks unchanged:

  --transform='s|^|$(DIST_NAME)/|S'

This is not a fully general solution to the problem as I described,
and it may or may not help for your use case.

Viele Grüße,
Frank