Re: pahole vs isatty

Em Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 10:13:38AM +0200, Bernd Buschinski escreveu:
> It seems the output is now only available if it is a real tty, which

if stdin is a real tty, stdout can be a real tty or be redirected, as
before.

> doesn't work for my scripts.

Sorry about that, I should have added a explicit command line option,
like with 'perf', where '-' means stdin. As this is a relatively new
feature I guess I'll do just that, i.e. stop unconditionally checking
for isatty(0) and only use the pretty printer when --printer is used.

> So, just as a question: Is this change really intentional?
> Is there any easy way to restore the old behavior?
>
> FYI: my scripts are using perl and python, I do no really favor
> changing them, but if there is no other way.. I will do it :)

Well, you'll at least need to update pahole to 1.22, or, in the
meantime, use a patch, I'm working on it now, thanks for the report!

- Arnaldo